Tuesday, July 3, 2007

It's just for a season....right?


I have to constantly remind myself that certain things that tend to drive me crazy or wear me me out, with regard to my children, are just fleeting moments that will disappear into the mist in the blink of an eye. My 2-year-old son insists that mom or dad lay with him in his bed at night-night time until he is asleep. Please don't get me wrong...it can be endearing and I certainley don't mind doing it. Just not everytime, and not when it's demanded. Mom and dad want their own time after 8 o'clock. But if we try to put him off, we are still dealing with him at 10 o'clock, about the time that my 5-year-old daughter sits up in bed in a half-awake, half-asleep diorientated fog, crying out a string of uninteligible garble until we go in, physically lay her back down, rub her legs until she yawns, rolls over and goes back to sleep. Now it's 10:30...11:00 and mom and dad are spent. The nightly routine as of late. But like I said...I will be saying tomorrow, "Remember when the kids used to want us to lay in their beds?" Better to just roll with it and have grace on them. Besides, they're just so darn cute! The pursuit of successful parenting has got to be the most unselfish act anyone can ever do (I did say "successful"...anyone can bring children into the world...am I right?).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meegan forwarded this blog to me. totally love it Chris!! Gonna show mike tonight when he gets home. Love hearing about you guys.

Take care,

Cheri