Wednesday, July 18, 2007

End-of-vacation blues

Got to go spend a few days at the coast last week with family and had a great time. The kids did really well, especially at night. It amazes me that we can have so many bed-time problems at home, but get in the trailer and go somewhere and everything is fine. Then we come back home and start in on the same old bed-time issues. Go figure.


Coming home was rough. Maddy was VERY sad to be packing up and going home. I remember going through the same depression every time camping was over when I was a kid....still do to some extent. I just don't cry and whine and throw myself on the floor (even though maybe I might feel like it). It seemed like Ben was ok with it, since he is only 2 1/2 and doesn't really get it yet. BUT, tried to get him in bed after we got home and he started crying, "I wanna sleep in the trailer!" I guess he gets the end-of-camping blues too.

All in all....it was a fun trip, we always have a good time, even though it seems like an immense amount of work at this time in our lives. But every time we go out, the kids are a little more autonomous, a little less in need of constant supervision. One of these years, we may actually be able to sit in a lounge chair in the middle of the afternoon for a whole hour!

No comments: