Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I am SOOOOO putting this kid to work...

It turns out that Benjamin would rather play with drills, saws, hammers, and tape measures then just about anything else...REAL ones,,,the toy ones are quickly rejected. "I love to work", he says, and jumps out of his skin every time I head to the shop to get ready for another project. As soon as this kid is tall enough to push the mower (which won't be long), I'm cuttin' him loose! More power to him. The trouble is that I can't keep him out of my tool box and so I'm chasing my stuff all over the back yard. He runs behind me into the shop as soon as the door's open and looks all around...

"I neeeeeed.....THIS...for my project!"

"What project do need a crowbar and a hacksaw for, Ben???"

"My project!!"

"Oh, let me know how it turns out. Just don't cut your arm off, ok?"



Getting Ready for Little Brother


Maddy and Ben are practicing in preparation and anticipation of their new little brother due to arrive in late October/early November. Maddy has it down, but you can see Ben needs a little more coaching. Oh boy....
They're very excited to have a new brother. Trouble is, we have not a clue what his name will be. Maddy definately has one picked out, but I just can't seem to buy it 100%. It's going to interesting what happens. Madelyn and Benjamin were named after 3 months in the womb. For some reason, we are completely stumped with this one. He will probably get his name after he's been breathing oxygen for 2 weeks.



Going to "Big Kids School"

Maddy started kindergarten at Hamilton yesterday. What a change for her from her pre-school scene. Not so surprisingly, however, she is totally stoked and ready for it. I think she has been so bored lately that this full schedule will do good for her...and us. I'm predicting that a slight improvement in over-all behaviour patterns may follow. I'm hoping, anyway.

No comments: